· As a consequence, sovereign debt ratings have declined to below investment level, and the negative outlook on Costa Rica's debt signals increasing financing costs. Against this backdrop, the risk of a fiscal crisis is increasing, particularly as global financial conditions become less favourable and debt structure has shifted towards increased reliance on floating rates and .
The Costa Rican Ministry of Health is responsible for regulating the healthcare industry in Costa Rica. It also acts as the regulatory agency for food, drugs, chemicals and medical devices, ensuring these products are up to standards. The legal framework is based on Law No. 5395 (the General Health Law), Decree No. 34482S (Regulation for the ...
· This story has been covered across cybersecurity media, but it's so big I'm surprised it hasn't been covered more by mainstream media. Earlier this year, a ransomware attack by the Conti ransomware group left the government in Costa Rica severely crippled – to the point that staff at affected organizations turned to pen and paper to get things done!
Empaques Universal, headquartered in San Jose, Costa Rica, is Central America's largest flexpack converter with sales of 25 firm has plants in San Jose and Jinotepe, Nicaragua, and manufactures a wide variety of printed polyethylene film converted into overwraps, garbage bags and various other Lacayo, the company's president, hosted my visit along .
Under Law 7200, private companies and cooperatives can enter into a concession contract with the public utilities' regulator to set up and operate limitedcapacity power plants for a period of 20 law initially required the companies' capital to be 65 percent Costa Rican. The current percentage is 35 percent.
The General Regulations is the leading legislation. It aims to provide general and obligatory OSH conditions at all workplaces to protect the life, health, corporal integrity and the morality of workers. The Labour Code, reformed in 2011, under the Title IV about the protection of workers during the exercise of the work, completes the OSH norms.
· The medical supplies production industry became the main export product of Costa Rica, reaching billion in 2015 and has since experienced a growth of 20%, displacing the microprocessor electronic components producing sector and the pineapple crop exports. The sector employs 20,000 people, 55% women.
· In 1502 when Christopher Columbus landed in Puerto Limon, less than 20 indigenous tribes occupied the lands which are now Costa Rica. The golden bands that the region's Carib Indians wore as earrings and nose rings inspired the crew to name the country Costa Rica, meaning Rich Coast. Columbus' arrival ultimately led to the eradiion of these .
1,699 USD per person 7Day Steamy Greenie Experience the most famed and biologically diverse forests (3% of the world) and pristine beaches of Costa Rica: dayand... more > 1,650 USD per person 8Day Beachy Get ready for sunfilled days, warm temperatures and rainforest jungle. Rappel down waterfalls, raft the II and II ... more > 1,450 USD per person 8Day .
· SAN JOSE, Costa Rica — The slumping global economy is having a stimulus effect on Costa Rica's famous tourism industry, as a growing number of unemployed women — from Colombia to the Dominican Republic — flock to San José to seek a living in the world's oldest profession.. In popular prostitution hot spots such as the Hotel Casino Del Rey and .